What is your favorite food to make during the big game?
Fueling up for the big game? These tasty snacks will have your football fanatics cheering for more.
Barbecue Chicken Nachos
Give nachos a fun twist by topping with shredded rotisserie chicken, scallions, barbecue sauce, and melted Cheddar.
- half a 12- to 14-ounce bag tortilla chips
- 2cups grated Cheddar
- 1 1/2cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/3cup barbecue sauce
- 4scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 450° F. On a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet, layer the chips, Cheddar, and chicken. Bake until the Cheddar is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Top with the barbecue sauce and scallions
Mini Ranch Burgers
Ranch dressing gives little burgers an unexpected zesty kick.
- 1 1/2pounds ground beef
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8small soft dinner rolls, split
- 1/2cup ranch dressing
- lettuce, sliced plum tomato, and cut-up vegetables (such as carrots and celery), for serving
- Form the beef into eight 3-inch patties.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the patties with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of each patty registers 130ºF, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Form sandwiches with the rolls, ranch dressing, lettuce, tomato, and burgers. Serve with the cut-up vegetables.
Spinach and Caramelized Onion Dip
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium onions, chopped
kosher salt and black pepper
1 16-ounce container sour cream
1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
1tablespoon white wine vinegar
broccoli and cauliflower florets, endive spears, and radishes, for serving
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool.
Add the sour cream, spinach, vinegar, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the onions and mix to combine. Serve with the vegetables.